- Local websites
Dear Business Partner
It is our top priority to serve you in the best possible way, despite the current turbulences with the Corona virus. I therefore want to give you an update on the status of the Sefar Group, which also includes Monosuisse.
• The Sefar Group complies to all the local regulations with respect to the containment of the Corona virus.
• We have taken additional internal precautions to assure the continuation of our production and the deliveries to you.
• All of our spinning and weaving plants worldwide are currently operating without limitations.
• There is a possibility of national restrictions in countries, where we operate our decentralized fabrication units. This may cause delays in fabricated items. For details, please contact your local Sefar subsidiary.
• Global limitations on freight capacity, in particular for air shipments, may also affect the delivery time.
Being a fully integrated supplier, Sefar controls and ensures the entire supply chain of our technical fabrics, from the yarn production at Monosuisse to the shipping of the fabrics or the finished articles. You are in good hands at Sefar.
Should your operation face any supply challenges where we might be able to help, please let us know. Your contact person is reachable at any time.
We will keep you updated on any changes affecting our delivery performance.
I wish you good health!
Possible causes for loss of tension
The following points should be investigated if loss of tension is problematic:
weak frame sections
mesh incorrectly inserted in the stretching clamps
stretching clamps pull unevenly: one side of the frame is laying too high
large temperature changes
insufficient waiting time befor gluing
insufficient contact between frame and screen before gluing
Extreme climatic or mechanical influences can also affect the mesh tension.
To keep the tension loss at a minimum level, it is highly recommended to use a pneumatic stretching system in order to pretension the frame.
Because the mesh must have a certain degree of elasticity during the printing process, undue demands should not be made on the tension. Differences of 1–2 N/cm are permissible.
Multi-color graphics printing experience has shown that good register is achieved at mesh tensions above 12 N/cm. It is important that all the meshes used are tensioned similarly
(+/- 1 – 2 N/cm).
Would you like to improve your screen printing skills? Sefar has the know-how and the infrastructure to increase your job fitness.
Register for a training course at the Sefar Screen Printing Competence & Training Center:
CH-9425 Thal (SG)
Tel. +41 (0)71 898 57 00