- Local websites
Dear Business Partner
It is our top priority to serve you in the best possible way, despite the current turbulences with the Corona virus. I therefore want to give you an update on the status of the Sefar Group, which also includes Monosuisse.
• The Sefar Group complies to all the local regulations with respect to the containment of the Corona virus.
• We have taken additional internal precautions to assure the continuation of our production and the deliveries to you.
• All of our spinning and weaving plants worldwide are currently operating without limitations.
• There is a possibility of national restrictions in countries, where we operate our decentralized fabrication units. This may cause delays in fabricated items. For details, please contact your local Sefar subsidiary.
• Global limitations on freight capacity, in particular for air shipments, may also affect the delivery time.
Being a fully integrated supplier, Sefar controls and ensures the entire supply chain of our technical fabrics, from the yarn production at Monosuisse to the shipping of the fabrics or the finished articles. You are in good hands at Sefar.
Should your operation face any supply challenges where we might be able to help, please let us know. Your contact person is reachable at any time.
We will keep you updated on any changes affecting our delivery performance.
I wish you good health!
Danger of plasticizers
Plasticizers containing plastics such as PVC are based on phthalic acid esters and can endanger health. Research is still ongoing, but some plasticizers are under suspicion of having a cancerogenic effect on the human organism and of interfering with the hormone balance. Due to their high volatility, they can accumulate in interior spaces and be inhaled. Short-term skin contact can also be dangerous as they can penetrate the skin barrier. Many plasticizer types are already forbidden, but also an overall safety-level is not given for permitted types.
In addition to health aspects, the volatility of plasticizers over time also leads to embrittlement of the materials, which causes a reduction in their strength. One can also speak of an accelerated aging process of the materials. Fabrication and installation, folding processes or other external mechanical or chemical loads can lead to damage to the coating. If the underlying support material contains softeners, these quickly escape into the environment due to the coating damage. This results in local brittleness of the basic fabric, which leads to a reduction of the strength values and thus to an impairment of the operational safety.